Sunday, December 12, 2010

A family member challenge me.... take a look

Hello my crafty friends...

My cousin's daughter is having her first baby, so my aunt ask me if I will make the shower invites for them... about 40. Well, how I was going to say no...

She said is going to be a boy, and she had selected already the theme for the room.. ohh well, she gives me the name and I google it.. and found this picture.. Lovely.. really nice.


Here my challenge started... first I look at my cricut cartridges to see where I could find images that will help with my idea... Yeaahhh found the elephant in a border in Martha Stewart birthday cakes cart and the giraffe and turtle of course in our favorite.. create a critter. The images are not exactly but it will work fine...

Here is the invite... I was lucky enough to wait for the sale after Black Friday in Joann's for cardstock 5 x .95 keeping the cost down.. got core'dinations, lot there CS.
The picture look darker, colors are lighter.





Here are pictures of the cuts, you will see my husbands hands, he help me put them together..



Hope they like them... haven't seen them yet.




21 comments:

*Star said...

Those are so stinkin' cute! You did an amazing job!!
Tfs and have a great day. :)

Cindylu2u said...

Those are fantastic, awesome job!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super adorable! They match the room decor perfect!

martina's kaartjes said...

what a great crafting !!! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Amanda Villarreal said...

These are so cute! I love these colors for a boy. I used pink and brown for my daughter so next (if I get a boy) it'll be blue and brown!

pattyk said...

you did a great job. thanks

Minta's Creations said...

Those are sooo cute..You did an awesome job!
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Kich724 said...

How cute and adorable idea! Beautiful!

PinkBlingCrafter said...

OMG girl, those are so darn CUTE and 40 of them WOWSERS!!! The cards look fabulous great job!!!!

mary said...

super cute. te quedo de show.
hugs
mary'

Yvette said...

They will love them!!!! They are so stinking cute!!! Hicistes (sp?) bien...

Yvette

Tabitha said...

Wow those are adorable. Love the colors. Great job and you got hubby involved- I am impressed. LOL Thanks for sharing.

4kids4 said...

I'm sure they'll like them....these are sooooo terrific!! Love the colors and how they match the room. So nice of your husband to help out! :-)

~Sharon C.

Maria Elena said...

Wow amiga 40 !!!! estas como yo con las 60 de navidad (jaja) Bellas Ivette q increible q te quedaron igual q el pattern de la decoracion del cuarto, que excelente idea.
Da mucha risa q Eric te ayudo... al menos se dejo tomar fotos, el mio me ayudo tambien un poquito, pero JAMAS se dejo tomar una fotico - jejeje A tu prima le encantara te lo aseguro YO !

Besitos ;-)
Have a Nice Tuesday ;-)
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Tere said...

Of course they like them, in fact they are going to love them!!!
You did an amazing job Ive.
En serio, estan divinas, van perfecto con el tema de la recamara del bb... felicidades por ser tan creativa!!!

Nadia's World said...

These are very pretty! Great Job!!!

TFS!

Nicole

DORCAS said...

Nena! These are AMAZING!!! Perfecto!

besotes

Sonia said...

Hi there! Your invites turned out fantastic. The colors are fabulous & it looks exactly the picture of the room you found on the internet.
I have been browsing your other lovely creations. Thanks for sharing them. I am glad I made the time to catch up on my blog hopping. Keep creating.
Take care,
Sonia

The Archiving Angel said...

HI Ivette~ I love your craft room!
By the way please head over to my blog for a stylish blogger award.
Love stopping by your pretty blog.
Take care.
Yo soy borinqua tambien!
Abrazos,
Sonia

EricaQ said...

Very cute! Love it all!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Wow, those match perfectly!!! Very adorable they are going to be a big hit at the shower!!! TFS! -Sam :-)